High School Students
AHC begins working with students during their 12th grade year in high school when they take a transition English and/or math class that helps prepare them for their college placement exams. Student participants also receive college advisement throughout the year, including a free CUNY application fee waiver.
- Assistance with college and financial aid applications
- Free CUNY application fee waiver
- Preparation for college placement exams (e.g. CUNY Assessment Test)
- A college coach dedicated to you over the summer to answer your questions about college
- Priority registration for college classes
At Home has helped me throughout the year with my reading and writing skills.
Within one semester with this program, I passed both the reading and writing parts
of the CUNY Assessment Test. I learned a lot about psychology and sociology too.”